Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Now & Then ..

Last night as I was scouring Netflix for something to fall asleep to, and I found a memory. 






Now and Then came out when I was six years old. Of corse I wasn't allowed to watch a PG-13 movie at the age of six, so I did what any child does when they want to break their parent's rules - I did it at a sleepover. Obviously I didn't understand any of the content of the movie that warranted the PG-13 rating. The only part I understood was the hip music.


As I watched the movie I wondered if six year old me would even recognize myself. Would I be disappointed if I knew what I've grown up to be? Not that I would change anything, but I was pretty closed-minded - isn't every kid? As I pondered these questions I had a brief moment of nostalgia for the "good' days" - back when everything was simple. The biggest concern of my day to day life was if the ice-cream man would drive down our block that day. 


If only they still sold the amazing pink baseball glove popsicle. mmmm What I would pay for one of those right now!


1 comment:

  1. I had forgotten all about those... What memories. I think about candy lipstick in the same way. I can actually remember the taste and the texture. And it's about the same color as that pink baseball glove. Ahhhh, the simplicity of childhood. Jo Mama loves ya!

    ReplyDelete